Exploring Ukrainian Cultural Heritage Online

Вид на стелю каплиці Ужгородського замку

Item

chapel-ceiling.jpeg
Закарпатський обласний краєзнавчий музей імені Тиводара Легоцького.jpg

Title

Вид на стелю каплиці Ужгородського замку
View of the ceiling of the Uzhhorod Castle Chapel

Date

1857

Description

Within the Uzhhorod Castle, there are 40 rooms in the palace. The largest hall of the castle, the knight's hall, located on the second floor, was transformed into an internal chapel with a painted ceiling by artist Ferdinand Vydra in 1857. Around the same time, the neighboring halls were decorated with stucco, painting, and gold leaf. The Uzhhorod Castle itself is the most valuable exhibit of the Zakarpattia regional Museum of Local History named after T. Legotsky. It is the oldest (spanning the 13th and 18th centuries) and most valuable historical and architectural structure of the city of Uzhhorod.
У палаці нараховується понад 40 приміщень. Найбільший зал замку, так званий лицарський, що міститься на другому поверсі, було перетворено на внутрішню каплицю. У 1857 році її розписав Фердинанд Видра. Приблизно тоді ж сусідні зали оздоблено ліпкою, розписом, сусальним золотом. Зараз цей декор вже частково відновлено. Найціннішим експонатом КЗ Закарпатський обласний краєзнавчий музей ім. Т. Легоцького Закарпатської обласної ради безсумнівно є Ужгородський замок ХV-XVІІІ ст.ст., який є найдревнішою і найціннішою історико-архітектурною будовою міста Ужгорода.

Citation

Вyдра, Фердинанд. Вид на стелю каплиці Ужгородського замку. Exploring Ukrainian Cultural Heritage Online, accessed April 22, 2024, https://gallery.sucho.org/items/show/205