Within the Uzhhorod Castle, there are 40 rooms in the palace. The largest hall of the castle, the knight's hall, located on the second floor, was transformed into an internal chapel with a painted ceiling by artist Ferdinand Vydra in 1857. Around the same time, the neighboring halls were decorated with stucco, painting, and gold leaf. The Uzhhorod Castle itself is the most valuable exhibit of the Zakarpattia regional Museum of Local History named after T. Legotsky. It is the oldest (spanning the 13th and 18th centuries) and most valuable historical and architectural structure of the city of Uzhhorod.
A parchment manuscript of the Mukachevo Psalter or a Book of Psalms created sometime during the 14th or the 15th century. It is part of the museum's rare book collection that spans and includes materials from the 14th to the late 17th century.