Exploring Ukrainian Cultural Heritage Online

Свято-Георгиевский скит

Item

34329610422_722a6a61f8_b.jpg

Title

Свято-Георгиевский скит
[Church of the Hermitage of St. George the Victory-Bearer]

Date

1862

Description

St. George's Skete of Svyatogirsk Holy Dormition Lavra of Donetsk Diocese of Ukrainian Orthodox Church was built in 1862. It is a wooden structure. In 1867 the building housed a public school for forty boys, and was eventually turned into a parochial school. A hermitage church dedicated to the martyr St George the Victory-Bearer was recently built on the site, based on the original model of the Church of the Intercession of the Mother of God on the Nerl.
В селе Голая Долина в 1862 году построили деревянную приходскую церковь святого великомученика Георгия Победоносца. В 1867 году архимандрит Герман, посоветовавшись с братией, решил открыть народное училище для 40 мальчиков. Со временем народное училище было преобразовано в церковно-приходскую школу. В настоящее время силами Лавры строится скитский храм святого великомученика Георгия Победоносца. За образец взят храм Покрова Божией Матери на Нерли, в его первоначальном виде.

Citation

Свято-Георгиевский скит. Exploring Ukrainian Cultural Heritage Online, accessed May 20, 2024, https://gallery.sucho.org/items/show/106