Exploring Ukrainian Cultural Heritage Online

Browse Items (13 total)

  • church of simeon.jpg

    A five-domed, two-story church made of stone with a faceted apse constructed between 1908-1909. After a fire in 2022, restoration on the church began and it was restored to its original appearance in 2011.
  • s7.jpg

    The House of Organ and Chamber Music is a well-known architectural building of the early 20th century in Dnipro of the Dnipropetrovs’k region. It is a national monument of architecture and history and a place highlighting the art of organ and chamber music. The house was erected as the Briansk (St. Nicholas) church, designed in the Neoclassical style with baroque elements with five domes and a three-tiered bell tower with a clock. Worldwide famous masters of art consider it an honor to play on the organ. Each year the Cathedral has more than 300 concerts, international festivals, competitions, tours of domestic and foreign artists visit.
  • DSC_0311.jpg

    Church of the Holy Equal-to-the-Apostles Prince Vladimir, Mariupol, showing the church in addition to its play areas for children.
  • 55m50s556.jpg

    A man on scaffolding, painting the interior of the Church of the Transfiguration, Kharkiv, holding paint in one hand, and a thin paintbrush in the other.
  • Песчанская-икона.jpg

    Icon of the Mother of God, located in the Pisky settlement of the Izyum district.
  • thumb68-zavorychi2-a4b0c8c896cf6a54ea422fd39ecfd665.jpg

    Interior of St. George's Church located in Zavorychi, showing altar and ceiling paintings.
  • bells_simeon_stylites.jpg

    Five bells suspended from a beam in the church of St. Simeon Stylites, located in Petropavlivska Borshchahivka. The stone church was constructed between 1908-1909, spent part of its life as a village club, then passed back into the hands of the parish in 1992 and was restored beginning in 2002 after a fire.
  • sand icon.jpg

    Icon of the Mother of God, called "Pishchanska," located in the Pisky settlement of the Izyum district in Kharkiv province. The icon has had several homes but now resides in the Ascension Cathedral.
  • Троицкий-храм.jpg

    The Holy Trinity Church is the oldest in Irpen. It stands on a high hill in the center of the city. The foundation and construction of the church began in 1909 and continued for six years. In 1915, services began to be held regularly.
  • 34329610422_722a6a61f8_b.jpg

    St. George's Skete of Svyatogirsk Holy Dormition Lavra of Donetsk Diocese of Ukrainian Orthodox Church was built in 1862. It is a wooden structure. In 1867 the building housed a public school for forty boys, and was eventually turned into a parochial school. A hermitage church dedicated to the martyr St George the Victory-Bearer was recently built on the site, based on the original model of the Church of the Intercession of the Mother of God on the Nerl.
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2

Refine your search

show more
show more
show more
show more
show more